8/10/2010

A Toy Story


 








When we made it back to Mexico City, we hit the ground running. We finally made it home late in the 17th of July and we were expecting a group of 30 from Newnan on the 23rd. We still had a lot of prep-work, grocery shopping and organizing to do before they arrived. However, I also had a birthday party to plan. Jax was turning 3! I still can’t believe it! So we threw together a Toy Story 3 party. Now I know I said “threw” but those of you who know me, know that throwing doesn’t mean that I wanted to skimp on anything…more just running around like a crazy mother trying to get everything “perfect”. Ryan and I went on the search for ANYTHING Toy Story for décor, found a piñata, and I stayed up till the wee hours baking and decorating a cake.


The plan was to throw the bash the evening that our group from Newnan came in. We had tacos al pastor (one of Jax’s favs). Well the plan panned out wonderfully! We had good food, and a happy 3 year old. Now that Jax is 3 he’s decided to start a whole slew of new things: being a monster and yelling constantly, telling us to be “happy” when we get onto him for being so loud, and he’s singing along in worship service (which is about the most precious thing EVER)! I’m so lucky to have such a sweet little guy in my life. He loves and doesn’t know a stranger. In fact, while in the airport on the way to North Carolina, he made many friends and every tried on their clothes. He’s one crazy boy and goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

awww, these pix of jax and booz are precious :P kindreds in the party dept. . . too bad you won't be here for airi's 1st. . it'll be a REAL party!!! happy #3 Jax!