8/10/2010

I'm Going to Carolina


From the 25th of June till the 17th of July I was in North Carolina. Mom had some major back surgery, so I went to be there with her and also to provide a helping hand to Dad. The trip turned out to be extra special since my sister-in-law, Adriane and my nephew Nico were there also. My brother was even able to join us for a few days. Needless-to-say, it was awesome to have Adriane and Nico there. Jax and Nico has some great cousin time and Adriane provided great company and help for me.


While there, we even had a small birthday bash for Jax. We thought it would be great for Dad and Mom, along with Kenny, Adriane, and Nico to have some celebration time while we were all together. We threw a small Sesame Street party. Ryan, of course was greatly missed. Jax had a great time opening some gifts and eating cupcakes with Nico. Speaking of Nico, I have to brag…he’s a wonderful nephew. He and Jax hit it off and did pretty good sharing. They enjoyed playing in their “cars” together. Nico is a sweet boy. Jax and I both miss him. There other day Jax and Nico talked with each other on the phone. They exchanged hellos…Jax wanted to give Nico a hug (his favorite) and Nico wanted to show Jax his choo choo train. Sweet cousins!

Mom is home and recovering well. It was a little bumpy at the start of her recovery, but it’s great to talk to her and hear how positive she is about her recovery. I’m proud that she’s taking one day at a time and not trying to overdo it. Dad, of course, is always there right by her side and being an encouragement. Please keep my parents in your prayers: Mom’s recovery and Dad’s job search.

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

oh, i love these 'close to birthday' family celebrations, last year for alani's 3rd bday mike's parents weren't able to come out, but we saw them like a week before her bday and had a fun little celebration, the same this year with my family a week before her 4th. . . . lots of people to love on our babies!!! hope your mom continues to recover well!